Saturday, May 24, 2014

140












There was no access to the history of sculpture in the small provincial town I grew up in, so my own self-schooled learning was a pathway to take an understanding on a voyage. Though literature was the fundamental basis of an understanding given, through the continued republication of scholarly texts a future was given. Rome was the first place I visited to catch up with Ancient Greek and Roman sculpture. Florence, however, was the blessing. God took me there to fly like a dove, a dove to take me to the church on high, starlight to the wing. Walking around the placement of guided divinity gives you the understanding of Heaven that takes you to the soul. Wings of ascension to take your heart to a place of reassured desire, God's wings through the Trinity.