Monday, May 7, 2012

I am, therefore God exists. III


Nicole Page-Smith, Untitled, 1995





I continued to look at art from a large number of sources: galleries, art magazines, libraries, arts bookshops, etc. also really liking American art from the 1960's and 1970's for example, Eva Hesse and Louise Bourgeois. 








Louise Bourgeois, Fillette, 1968








Eva Hesse, No title, 1970








Nicole Page-Smith, Melbourne studio 1999,
Australia







I then moved to New Zealand in late 2000 and although, stuck in the 70's, the place seemed quaint and interesting. I find it quite odd in my two countries that libraries, news-agencies and bookshops are full of books and magazines from the the whole history of art to the present day but few people seem to have a general understanding. Reference books and magazines also make a far more informed internet search, the worlds biggest library.